The alarm sound from an iPhone can be pretty jarring sometimes. Fortunately, you can set a vibrate-only alarm if you wish to avoid this.
Often, an iPhone alarm needs to be loud enough to ensure you’ll wake up in the morning. But in some cases, you might prefer your iPhone alarm to vibrate only.
For example, when you’re sharing a room with someone else or if you find the alarm ringtones unpleasantly disruptive.
So, let’s look at how you can set a vibrate-only alarm on your iPhone.
How to Set an iPhone Alarm That Vibrates Only
Setting a vibrate-only alarm is pretty straightforward in the native Clock app for iOS. So, follow these steps to set up an iPhone alarm that vibrates silently without a ringtone:
- Open the Clock app. Tap the Add Alarm (+) icon or an existing alarm to edit it.
- Tap Sound. Scroll down and select None as your ringtone.
- Scroll back up and tap on Vibration.
- Select your preferred stock vibration pattern from the Standard list.
- Alternatively, to have your own custom vibration, tap Create New Vibration. Tap and release your finger on the iPhone screen to create the vibration pattern. Then, hit Stop and Save once you’re done. If your iPhone doesn’t vibrate at all during this process, you need to enable System Haptics, Vibration, and Play Haptics in the Settings app.
- After selecting a vibration, tap Sound > Back to return to the alarm page.
- Tap Save to confirm your alarm time and settings.
If your alarm activates but doesn’t vibrate at your set time, again check that you have turned on System Haptics, Vibration, and Play Haptics. But if your alarm doesn’t go off at all, you might need to use other solutions to fix your iPhone alarm.
Use a Vibrating iPhone Alarm for Gentler Alerts
Your iPhone alarm volume is the same as any incoming call alert volume. Plus, almost all default ringtones in an iPhone are pretty loud, fast, or upbeat. Therefore, the alarm sound can sometimes feel quite jarring.
Using a vibrating iPhone alarm should help prevent this issue because it can serve as a gentler alert for any task you want to carry out.