60 Self-Care Quotes on Prioritizing Mental Health
Self-care is the practice of tending to your overall well-being. It involves checking in with yourself, noticing how you are feeling, and then defining and responding to your own needs. You can focus on your physical, mental, or social well-being. Or, engage in activities that benefit all of these aspects of your life.
Anything you do to meet your own needs or boost your sense of contentment and well-being is self-care. However, sometimes it can be difficult to find inspiration for the process. Whenever this occurs, turn to these wise words to re-ignite your self-care spark.
Self-Care Quotes to Show Your Body Gratitude
Your body works hard for you throughout the day. You use your body to hug your loved ones, put on your favorite pair of shoes, and dance to your choice of music. For these reasons and many more, it’s important to show your body gratitude. Give your body the love it deserves by reflecting on these mantras.
- Our bodies are our gardens.
- Don’t take your body for granted. Do something today that shows your body you desire to care for it.
- Everybody is different and every body is different.
- Do something every day that is loving towards your body.
- Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
- Don’t let your mind bully your body.
- You are not tired for no reason. Listen to your body.
- Treat your body like it belongs to someone you love.
- You may have many jobs, relationships, and roles throughout life. But, you only have one body.
- My body deserves respect, and I accept it the way it is.
- Every body is imperfectly beautiful.
Self-Care Quotes to Spread Love to Your Mind
People say that the mind is a powerful thing for a reason. It can allow you to talk to yourself like a friend, change the way you view the world, and help you make decisions to prioritize your own needs. Show your mind some tender, loving care with these quotes.
- Body. Mind. Soul. These are the things self-care is about.
- Surround yourself with things that nourish you.
- Caring for your body, mind, and spirit is your greatest and grandest responsibility.
- Your body won’t go where your mind doesn’t push it.
- It’s okay to not be okay.
- You can’t really be present for others in your life if you aren’t taking care of yourself.
- Be gentle with your mind.
- To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
- Be enough for yourself first. The rest of the world can wait.
- You are worth the time it takes to slow down.
- Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.
- Give yourself permission to rest.
Quotes to Remind Yourself That Well-Being Is Important
Do you feel guilty about wanting to practice self-care? Research has suggested that self-care can help you to manage stress, boost energy, and reduce the risk of illness. Reflect on these quotes whenever you consider passing up a self-care opportunity to remind yourself of its importance.
- Fall in love with taking care of yourself, body, mind, and spirit.
- Sometimes self-care is something that will make your next two minutes difficult, but your next ten years easier.
- You need to care for yourself so that you have the emotional and physical energy to care for your family.
- Taking care of myself doesn’t mean “me first” it means “me too.”
- Self-care is the revolutionary idea that you can listen to your body and do what it needs.
- Self-care is a gift that we can give ourselves.
- Self-care is not an expense. It’s an investment.
- It’s not selfish to love yourself.
- Practice self-rescue first before you help someone else.
- Self-care is the new healthcare.
- Self-care means asking yourself what you need and following through with an honest answer.
- When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others.
- You owe yourself the love you give to others.
- Self-care is my well-being.
Mental Health Quotes to Help You Through Tough Times
Life is full of ups and downs that can test your mental health. It’s okay to feel low sometimes. What’s important to remember is that the tough times won’t last and that with support and resilience, you can persevere. Look to these quotes for reassurance whenever you experience mental health struggles.
- Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrows. It empties today of its strengths.
- Whenever you’re feeling anxious, remember that you’re still you. You are not your anxiety.
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.
- Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.
- Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.
- Let nothing dim the light that shines from within.
- Don’t let life discourage you. Everyone who got where they are had to begin where they were.
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.’
- When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
- There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
- In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.
Self-Care Quotes to Help You Seize the Day
Do you have a jam-packed schedule? Try to find a little time every day to spend on yourself to help boost your overall well-being. Turn to these self-care quotes to inspire yourself to seize the day.
- How much good is inside a day? Depends on how you live them.
- What have you done for yourself today? Chances are not enough.
- Carve out and claim the time to care for yourself.
- Grow a little everyday.
- Do more of what makes you happy.
- Put yourseon Plf on top of your to-do list every single day.
- You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.
- Today is a great day to be proud of the progress you’ve made.
- You are your longest commitment. Prioritize yourself.
- The moment when you don’t think you have time to take care of yourself is the exact moment you have to take care of yourself.
- Life isn’t about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself.
Every day can be a self-care day. You don’t have to set aside a large amount of time if you don’t have it available in your schedule. It can be as simple as heading to bed five minutes earlier than usual or taking a break from work when you feel fatigued. Find what works for you and practice self-care in any way that you choose. How will you show up for yourself today?
© 2022 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.