How to Convert Your Video Files for Free, With WinX Video Converter
Got a video file that doesn’t work on your laptop or smartphone? You can convert it to a different file type for free, with WinX Video Converter.
It is pretty irritating when you have a video (or a selection of them) in an obscure file format. What if you can’t play these video files on your laptop or smartphone? Are the memories you recorded gone forever? Will you be able to watch the videos?
Step in WinX Video Converter, which can take all the heartache out of trying to watch videos by converting them into a more accessible format, alongside a wide range of other useful problem solving features. Let’s inspect…
What Is WinX Video Converter?
WinX Video Converter is your one-stop shop for converting video files of almost any type. Can’t play HEVC files? Transcode them with WinX Video Converter and you can watch them on any device. How about that awesome GoPro UHD slow-mo clip you caught on the mountain bike trails? No worries, WinX Video Converter can convert the video file for you, so you can watch it anywhere you like.
Not only can you convert a huge range of videos to other formats, but you can edit those videos too. Compress 4K videos to 90% of their original size without losing video quality, or edit, cut, crop, and merge your videos in any way you like. You can even adjust certain parameters like frame rate and bit rate.
You can download WinX Video Converter for free (until August 22nd, 2022) by simply visiting the website. This will get you a current, full-feature version of the application, but note that if you want to receive future updates, you’ll need to buy a full license for WinX Video Converter, which is a one-off payment of $29.95. You also get the excellent YouTube download feature with the lifetime license version.
How Does WinX Video Converter Work?
Using WinX Video Converter is super-simple. Here, we’ll walk you through the conversion process, converting a MOV format video to an MP4. You’ll see just how simple the process is, and it works just as easily for any of the file conversions you’d like to perform.
- First, you need to grab your MOV file and transfer it to your PC. Make sure you save it somewhere you can locate it easily, like your Downloads folder.
- Then, fire up WinX Video Converter and you’ll see the Video conversion option in the top left. Click it to launch an Open window and find your MOV file, select it and click open.
- Then, you’ll see the Output Profile pop up. Here you can select which file type your MOV will convert to. I’ve chosen to convert the MOV to MP4 Video. Click OK.
- This will drop your video file into the converter, where you can Edit or Rename it before you continue the conversion process.
- Now all you need to do is hit Run and your video will save to your PC or laptop in the Destination Folder you can see described at the bottom of the screenshot
Your files will now convert, and you can save them to any device ready for playback later.
Convert Video Files with WinX Video Converter
Now that you know how easy it is to convert videos into different formats, you just need to download WinX Video Converter and you can start to flip your videos into whichever format you desire, or edit them into new videos entirely. And don’t forget, until August 22nd, 2022, you can download it for free!