80+ Jealousy Quotes to Rise Above Envy and Haters
Jealousy can be a touchy subject. Trying to have a conversation with someone who tends to be jealous requires a special kind of tact. The same is true for trying to help people who are having to cope with the jealousy of others. If you need to hold a difficult discussion about the perils of envy, try working in a few jealousy quotes. A meaningful turn of phrase about jealousy can provide a great way to convey meaning and get people to think in an indirect yet effective manner.
Short Jealousy Quotes
You don’t have to use a lot of words to make a point about the perils of jealousy. These precise quotes portray a powerful message.
- Envy away.
- Erase envy.
- Covet no more.
- Envy is an anchor.
- Jealousy backfires.
- Jealousy is a choice.
- Leave jealousy behind.
- Rise above resentment.
- Encourage, don’t covet.
- Choose joy, not jealousy.
- Jealous feelings breed ugly actions.
Jealousy Quotes for Haters
If you’re dealing with the jealous snark of haters, why not respond in kind? Sometimes it takes snark to put a stop to snark. These quotes penned with haters in mind should do the trick.
- Go ahead, envy me.
- Enviers goin’ to envy.
- Green is not your color.
- Coveters goin’ to covet.
- Go ahead, resent my life.
- Only the jaded stay jealous.
- A jealous heart is a sign of a small mind.
- Small people have a large capacity for jealousy.
- Begrudge me all you want. It doesn’t affect me at all.
- Your jealousy might consume you, but it will have zero impact on me.
- You must have needed somewhere to channel all that envy. Glad I could be of service.
Quotes for People Who Are Jealous
Do you know someone who is spending more time being jealous of others than trying to improve their own circumstance? Share some of the following quotes for jealous people to inspire them to change their ways.
- There’s no joy in jealousy.
- Jealously gets you nowhere.
- Your jealousy is not my concern.
- Your green-eyed monster is showing.
- Habitual jealousy is a hard habit to break.
- How is that jealous rage working out for you?
- Envy never improved anyone’s circumstances.
- Might as well face it, you’re addicted to jealousy.
- Being jealous of me isn’t going to make you better.
- Being jealous of someone brings you down, not them.
- Your jealousy of me is more about you than it is about me.
Insightful Quotes About the Effects of Jealousy
It is not healthy to harbor ongoing feelings of jealousy and resentment. If someone you know needs to break free from the cycle of jealousy, these quotes might provide the impetus they need.
- Envy is never satisfied.
- Jealously leads to isolation.
- Resentment is a waste of energy.
- Jealousy is a slippery slope to a lonely life.
- When your heart is full of jealousy, there’s no room for love.
- The only soul you’re poisoning with your jealousy is your own.
- As long as you are envious of others, you will never know peace.
- A person consumed by jealousy is likely to end up with nothing to lose.
- Some people are so busy envying others that they fail to appreciate what they have.
- The more a person envies others, the less that person will accomplish for themselves.
- If you’d direct the energy you put into being jealous of others into improving yourself, you’d be in an enviable position.
Quotes About Jealous Friendships
Real friends build each other up and celebrate one another’s successes. When jealousy enters into friendship, the dynamic changes entirely. At the end of the day, envious acquaintances are not true friends.
- Jealous “friends” are toxic.
- Friendship is not a competition.
- Friendship is selfless; jealousy is selfish.
- Possessive friends feel jealousy, not affection.
- Jealous friends just may be stalkers in training.
- A true friend is happy for you, not jealous of you.
- There is no room for jealousy in the circle of friendship.
- The line between a jealous friend and a nemesis is a very thin one.
- A friend who cannot take joy in your good fortune is no friend at all.
- A friend who is jealous of your other friends is not really a friend.
- True friends celebrate one another’s successes without any thought of jealousy.
Jealous Family Member Quotes
The more dysfunction there is in a family, the greater the likelihood that jealousy and resentment are festering below – or above – the surface. Jealousy will continue to drive wedges between relatives until it stops.
- Jealousy divides families.
- Happy families don’t keep score.
- Love your relatives, don’t resent them.
- Jealousy within a family can be a cry for help.
- Resentment among relatives leads to discontentment.
- Jealousy creates rifts that cause families apart to drift.
- Family members who feel inferior often cling to jealousy.
- Nothing spoils a family reunion faster than jealous relatives.
- Sibling rivalry can become entrenched and harbor lifelong jealousy.
- No one wins when family members compare themselves to each other.
- When you look for reasons to be jealous of your family, you lose out on opportunities for love.
Quotes About Ignoring a Jealous Person
It’s easier said than done, but the best way to handle jealousy is often to ignore it. These quotes can help people you care about stop letting the jealousy of others impact them negatively.
- Don’t give their jealousy a second thought.
- The best revenge against jealousy is to ignore it.
- Never let a jealous person derail you from your goals.
- Don’t give up your power to another person’s jealousy.
- Another person’s jealousy of you is not your problem.
- Jealous people can only affect your life if you let them.
- Attention fuels jealousy and leads to exponential growth.
- A person who only grudgingly accepts you isn’t worth your time.
- They may be driven by envy, but you don’t have to ride with them.
- Another person’s jealousy only affects you if you give it oxygen. Don’t.
- You can’t stop someone from feeling jealous, but you can choose not to pay attention to their jealousy.
Quotes About Jealousy in Relationships
A little bit of jealousy may help keep the spark of romance alive, but too much can quickly become a problem. These quotes about jealousy in romantic relationships provide perspective on what excessive jealousy could really mean.
- There’s no romance in jealousy.
- Jealousy and gaslighting go hand in hand.
- There is no room for jealousy in true love.
- Jealousy is a sure sign of infatuation, not love.
- Jealousy can only thrive in the absence of trust.
- Extreme jealousy can be a form of emotional abuse.
- Jealousy in a relationship is a mechanism for control.
- Jealousy: The emotion that launched countless breakups.
- There isn’t enough room in this relationship for me, you, and your jealousy.
- The jealous partner is often the one who has betrayed the one they claim to love.
- A jealous partner wants to make sure you don’t realize how easy it will be to find someone who treats you better.
Share Sayings About Jealousy
These sayings about jealousy can make it easier to have discussions about the impact jealousy may be having on your life or someone else’s life. Whether you have jealous tendencies or you are the target of someone else’s jealousy, these poignant and relevant quotes might make a real difference when taken to heart.
© 2022 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.