60+ Respect Quotes About Valuing Others (and Yourself)
Respect is a concept that can be challenging to describe or explain, but it’s an important one for everyone to understand. From respecting yourself to showing respect for others, respect can take on many forms. If you’re looking for just the right way to convey what you’d like to say about respect, review the collection of respect quotes below.
Meaningful Quotes About Respect
Are you looking for a powerful statement that expresses what respect means as an overall concept? The quotes below do exactly that.
- Respect is like a boomerang that comes back to you.
- Respect is contagious.
- Respect leads to results.
- Respect is the first step toward civility.
- Start with respect; the rest will follow.
- Showing respect is the classiest action.
- You’ll never have to apologize for respectful behavior.
- Treating others with respect speaks volumes about you.
- The fact that someone makes a mistake doesn’t mean they deserve disrespect.
- No one respects you because of your job title. They respect you for who you are and what you do.
Quotes About Respecting Others
When you want to communicate how important it is to show respect to other people, the sayings below can help you get your point across.
- A kind person always shows respect.
- Show others the respect you wish to receive.
- Demonstrating respect is always a good choice.
- To be respected, you must first show respect to others.
- Treat others with the respect that you’d like to be shown.
- The respect you show others shows others who you are.
- When you put respect out in the world, you’ll find that it returns to you.
- It costs you nothing to treat others in a way that lets them maintain dignity.
- The extent to which you respect others tells people what kind of person you are.
- If you treat others with a lack of respect, that says more about you than it does about them.
Quotes to Boost Self-Respect
If someone you care about needs to be reminded to have respect for themselves, the sayings below are great ones to share via text reminders or even as social media captions.
- You are valuable.
- Take a stand for yourself.
- You deserve to be respected.
- Self-respect is a good look for you.
- Put yourself on the pedestal you deserve.
- Hold yourself in high regard. You deserve it.
- You are human. That means you deserve respect.
- Loving yourself includes respecting yourself.
- You matter in this world, and you deserve to be treated that way.
- You have to hold yourself in high esteem before others will do the same.
Are you the one who needs the reminder? Use the quotes below as respect slogans for yourself. Positive self-talk can go a long way toward boosting self-confidence and overall wellness.
- I am priceless.
- I deserve respect inside and out.
- I am worthy of respect.
- Self-respect looks good on me.
- Nothing less than respect will do.
- Stand up, speak out, and be heard.
- It’s not arrogant to demand respect.
- I have a voice that deserves to be heard.
- I respect myself too much to be disrespected by you.
- I will hold others accountable for treating me with respect.
Quotes About Love and Respect
If you’re looking to share your thoughts on the relationship between love and respect, you may find the sayings below to be helpful.
- Respect makes my heart race.
- Never settle for romance without respect.
- You can’t love someone you don’t respect.
- There can be no relationship without respect.
- Respect is a necessary component of true love.
- Romance without respect is infatuation, not love.
- If a person doesn’t respect you, they don’t really love you.
- To show someone you love them, start by treating them with respect.
Quotes About Truth and Respect
Truth and respect are inextricably linked. Use the quotes below when you’re looking for a way to express the relationship between these concepts.
- Lying is a form of disrespect.
- Deceit is another word for disrespect.
- Respect others enough to tell them the truth.
- Speak the truth and people will respect you for it.
- Honesty, kindly delivered, is the epitome of respect.
- Showing respect and being truthful are the two most important indicators of character.
- You can be disappointed in the truth, yet still respect the person who shared it with you.
- When people treat you with a lack of respect, they are telling you the truth about who they are.
Literary Quotes About Respect
Respect is a topic that often comes up in books, including works of fiction and nonfiction. The respect quotes below are from the world of literature.
- “Make improvements, not excuses. Seek respect, not attention.” – The Light in the Heart by Roy T. Bennett
- “Love is honesty. Love is a mutual respect for one another.” – Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
- “Respect was invented to cover the empty place where love should be.” – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- “I cannot conceive of a greater loss than the loss of one’s self-respect.” – Fools, Martyrs, Traitors: The Story of Martyrdom in the Modern World by Lacey Baldwin Smith
- “If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.” – The Insulted and Humiliated by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Speak Your Mind About Respect
Kids, teens, and adults alike can benefit from meaningful quotes about respect. The sayings above are a great way to start a conversation about respect, to share your thoughts about the subject via social media, or simply to remind yourself how important it is to be respectful of others while also insisting that others treat you with respect.
© 2022 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.